Ruth’s Chris is known for its quality steaks, but their stuffed chicken is equally impressive.
This dish is perfect for a fancy dinner party or a special occasion. And I’m excited to share with you my take on one of Ruth’s Chris Steak House’s most popular dishes – the stuffed chicken.
In this blog post, I’ll show you step-by-step how to recreate the Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken recipe in the comfort of your own kitchen.
With a few key ingredients and some simple techniques, you’ll be able to impress your guests with this mouth-watering dish.
Let’s get started-
Ingredients of Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken
|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||4|
|Crumbled feta cheese||4 oz|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||1/4 cup|
|Chopped fresh spinach||1/2 cup|
|Chopped sun-dried tomatoes||1/4 cup|
|Chopped artichoke hearts||1/4 cup|
|Garlic, minced||1/2 teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Salt||According to taste|
|Black pepper||According to taste|
Each of the ingredients used in this recipe has a specific purpose and flavor profile that contributes to the overall deliciousness of the dish.
- Chicken breast: Chicken breast is a lean protein source that is perfect for stuffing. It has a neutral flavor that allows the stuffing to be the star of the dish.
- Cheese: Cream cheese is a rich, creamy ingredient that adds a luxurious texture and flavor to the stuffing. It helps to bind the stuffing together and keep it from falling out of the chicken.
- Spinach: Spinach adds a fresh, earthy flavor to the stuffing and provides some added nutrition to the dish. It also adds some texture and color to the stuffing.
- Garlic: Garlic adds a delicious, pungent flavor to the stuffing. It is a staple in many savory dishes and adds a depth of flavor to the stuffing.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is used to sauté the garlic and spinach, adding some additional flavor to the stuffing. It also helps to keep the spinach from sticking to the pan.
- Salt and pepper: Salt and pepper are essential seasoning ingredients that help to bring out the flavors of the other ingredients in the dish. They also add some depth of flavor and balance to the stuffing.
You’ll Also Like: The Delicious Chicken Power Bowl Taco Bell
Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Preparing The Chicken
It’s important to properly prepare for it. Here are the steps to follow:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place each chicken breast on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to make a pocket in the thickest part of the breast. Be careful not to cut all the way through to the other side.
- Season the inside of the pocket with salt and black pepper.
- Set the chicken breasts aside and move on to preparing the stuffing mixture
Step By Step Process:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with the spinach and cheese mixture, using toothpicks to secure the opening.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken breasts on all sides until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before removing the toothpicks and serving.
Your Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken is now ready to serve.
Serving the chicken
Now that the chicken is cooked and ready to serve, it’s important to make it look as delicious as it tastes. Here are some tips for serving the stuffed chicken:
- Slice the chicken breasts into thick, even slices. This will make them easier to serve and will allow your guests to see the delicious stuffing inside.
- Arrange the sliced chicken on a platter or individual plates.
- Garnish the chicken with fresh herbs, such as parsley or thyme, to add some color and flavor.
- Serve the stuffed chicken with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes.
Storing Cooked Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken
To store cooked Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken, follow these steps:
- Allow the chicken to cool down to room temperature for about an hour after cooking.
- Use a clean and airtight container to store the chicken. You can also wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Label the container or wrap with the date and contents, so you know how long it has been stored.
- Store the chicken in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Be sure to keep it in the coldest part of the fridge, which is typically the back of the bottom shelf.
- If you want to store the chicken for longer, you can freeze it for up to 2-3 months. To do this, wrap the chicken tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag.
- When you are ready to eat the chicken, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
It’s important to note that reheated chicken may not have the same texture or flavor as freshly cooked chicken, so you may want to consider reheating it in the oven or on the stovetop instead of the microwave for the best results.
Additionally, always ensure the chicken is heated to an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C) before eating to avoid any risk of foodborne illness.
What Does The Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken Taste Like?
Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken has a rich and savory flavor that is sure to delight your taste buds.
The chicken breast is filled with a mixture of spinach, cream cheese, and seasonings, which creates a creamy and flavorful filling.
The chicken is then breaded and baked until golden brown and crispy on the outside while remaining moist and juicy on the inside.
The creamy spinach filling adds a depth of flavor to the dish and pairs well with the chicken’s mild flavor.
Tips and tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the perfect Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken:
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients to ensure the best flavor and texture.
- Be sure to properly season both the inside and outside of the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Use toothpicks to secure the opening of each chicken breast to prevent the stuffing from falling out.
- Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes after cooking to allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
- If you’re short on time, you can prepare the stuffing mixture in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to stuff the chicken.
- If you’re looking for a low-carb option, you can substitute the cream cheese with ricotta cheese.
- If you don’t have access to fresh spinach, you can use frozen spinach instead. Just be sure to thaw and drain it before cooking.
- For an extra crispy exterior, you can dredge the stuffed chicken in seasoned bread crumbs before baking it.
- Don’t overcook the chicken, as this can cause it to become dry and tough.
Nutrient Benefits Of Ruth’s Chris Stuffed Chicken
The nutrition benefits of Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken come from the combination of protein, healthy fats, and micronutrients like vitamins and minerals. Here are some of the potential benefits:
High protein content: Each serving of Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken provides a whopping 45g of protein, which is important for building and repairing muscle tissue. Protein also helps keep you feeling full and satisfied, which can aid in weight management.
Good source of vitamins and minerals: Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken is a good source of calcium, iron, and potassium, which are important for maintaining strong bones, healthy blood cells, and proper muscle and nerve function.
Low in carbs: With only 3g of total carbs per serving, Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken is a great option for those following a low-carb or ketogenic diet.
Healthy fats: While Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken is not low in fat, it does contain healthy fats from sources like cream cheese and spinach. These fats are important for maintaining healthy skin, hormone function, and overall health.
Delicious and satisfying: Finally, the most obvious benefit of Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken is that it is delicious and satisfying.
Here is an estimation of nutrients in the dish:
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving|
Is Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken Bad For Health?
It is not necessarily “bad” for health, but like with any food, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken contains high amounts of protein and healthy fats, as well as some important vitamins and minerals. However, it is also relatively high in calories and sodium, which can be a concern for some people.
You’ll Also Like: Whataburger Chicken Strips
If you are watching your calorie or sodium intake, it’s important to be mindful of portion sizes and choose lower-sodium sides to balance out the meal. Additionally, if you have any specific dietary concerns or medical conditions, it’s always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian for personalized advice.
Allergen Information Of Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken
Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken contains several allergens that individuals with food allergies or sensitivities should be aware of. The most common allergens found in the dish include:
- Dairy: Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken contains cream cheese, butter, and Parmesan cheese, all of which are dairy products. If you are allergic to dairy or lactose intolerant, you may need to avoid this dish or make substitutions.
- Gluten: While the chicken itself is gluten-free, some of the ingredients used in the stuffing and breading may contain gluten. For example, breadcrumbs may be used in the stuffing, and the seasoning mix may contain wheat or barley-based ingredients.
- Nuts: Depending on the recipe, Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken may contain nuts like pine nuts or almonds. If you have a nut allergy, be sure to ask your server about the specific ingredients used in the dish.
- Soy: Some brands of Worcestershire sauce contain soy, which is used in the seasoning mix for the chicken. If you are allergic to soy, be sure to ask your server or check the label of the Worcestershire sauce used.
Health Advice Of Eating Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken
Here are some general health advice for eating Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken:
Watch portion sizes: While Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken can be a healthy and satisfying meal option, it’s important to be mindful of portion sizes. One serving provides approximately 400 calories, so if you are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight, it’s a good idea to measure out your portions.
Balance your meal: To balance out the high protein and fat content of Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken, aim to include plenty of non-starchy vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fats like avocado or olive oil in your meal. This will provide a balance of macronutrients and micronutrients to support overall health.
Choose low-sodium sides: Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken is relatively high in sodium, so it’s a good idea to choose lower-sodium sides like roasted vegetables, salad, or quinoa to balance out the meal.
Limit high-fat toppings: While the stuffing in Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken provides healthy fats from sources like cream cheese and spinach, it’s important to be mindful of other high-fat toppings like cheese or bacon. These can quickly add up in calories and may not be as healthy in large amounts.
Consult with a healthcare professional: If you have any specific dietary concerns or medical conditions, it’s always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian for personalized advice on how to fit Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken into your overall diet.
Is Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken Keto?
Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken may not be considered strictly keto-friendly, as it contains some ingredients that are not typically included in a ketogenic diet.
However, depending on your specific macronutrient goals and how you prepare the dish, it could potentially fit into a keto diet.
The stuffing in Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken contains cream cheese and spinach, which are both keto-friendly ingredients that provide healthy fats and fiber.
However, the breading on the chicken may contain breadcrumbs or other high-carbohydrate ingredients, which could make it difficult to fit into a strict keto diet.
To make Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken more keto-friendly, you could try using a low-carb breading alternative like almond flour or pork rinds.
You could also pair the dish with keto-friendly sides like roasted vegetables or cauliflower rice to keep your overall carbohydrate intake in check.
It’s important to note that everyone’s macronutrient needs are different, and what works for one person on a keto diet may not work for another.
You’ll Also Like: Healthier Substitutes For Sour Cream in Cheesecake
Consumers Thought On Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken
Consumers generally have positive reviews of Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken. Many people praise the dish’s savory flavor, juicy texture, and filling spinach and cream cheese stuffing. The crispy exterior of the chicken is also a highlight for many diners.
Some consumers have noted that the dish can be quite filling, making it a good choice for a hearty meal.
However, others have mentioned that the portion size can be quite large, so it’s important to consider sharing or taking leftovers home.
Overall, consumers tend to recommend Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken as a tasty and satisfying meal option.
Alternatives Of Ruth Chris Stuffed Chicken
If you’re looking for alternatives to Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken, there are a few options to consider. Here are some ideas:
- Stuffed Pork Tenderloin: If you’re in the mood for a stuffed meat dish, consider trying stuffed pork tenderloin. Like stuffed chicken, the pork is filled with a savory mixture of herbs, spices, and vegetables, which adds flavor and moisture to the meat.
- Grilled or Roasted Salmon: If you’re looking for a lighter option, consider grilled or roasted salmon. Salmon is a flavorful and nutritious fish that is high in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help improve heart health.
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms: For a vegetarian option, consider stuffed portobello mushrooms. These large mushrooms can be filled with a variety of ingredients, such as cheese, herbs, and vegetables, to create a satisfying and flavorful dish.
- Stuffed Bell Peppers: Another vegetarian option is stuffed bell peppers. These peppers are filled with a mixture of rice, beans, vegetables, and cheese, creating a hearty and filling meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use other types of cheese besides cream cheese?
Yes, you can use other types of cheese besides cream cheese in the stuffing mixture. Some good options include ricotta, feta, or goat cheese.
How do I know if the chicken is cooked through?
You can check if the chicken is cooked through by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F (74°C) before it is considered safe to eat.
Can I use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breast?
Yes, you can use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breast in this recipe. However, the cooking time may need to be adjusted as chicken thighs take longer to cook than chicken breasts.
Can I prepare the chicken ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the chicken ahead of time by filling it with the stuffing mixture and then covering and refrigerating it until ready to bake.
Can I freeze the stuffed chicken?
Yes, you can freeze the stuffed chicken before baking it. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. When ready to bake, thaw the chicken in the refrigerator overnight and then proceed with baking as usual.
How many calories are in a serving of Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken?
The exact number of calories in a serving of Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken can vary depending on the size of the chicken breast and the specific ingredients used in the stuffing. However, a typical serving of Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken contains around 400-600 calories.
Can I substitute spinach with other types of vegetables?
Yes, you can substitute spinach with other types of vegetables in the stuffing mixture. Some good options include kale, broccoli, or roasted red peppers.
Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken is a delicious and savory dish that is sure to please your taste buds. The combination of juicy chicken breast, creamy spinach filling, and crispy breading makes for a satisfying and flavorful meal.
Additionally, the dish is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, which can help support overall health and wellness.
While the dish is generally well-received by consumers, it’s important to keep in mind individual tastes and preferences. If you’re looking for alternatives, there are plenty of other stuffed meat, fish, and vegetable options to consider.